Sunday, February 16, 2014

A Peek at My Week and Storybook Sunday!!!

I was gone all weekend at a wedding that my sweet little girl was the flower girl for and she was just beautiful!! We made it home and now I am trying to catch up on my blogging, but it is very hard here at my parents house because the internet service is absolutely horrible....so, I'll do my best!!!

I am linking up today with Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for A Peek At My Week!! This is my first time linking up and I am excited about it!! I love linky parties and am working on starting my own that I hope all will join in. It will be on Thursdays, so please stay tuned for more information!!



Now for my week...
This week my 3rd-5th graders are in the library rotation, so I will have classes in the morning and be open the rest of the afternoon for students to come to the library to check out books.

During rotation time this week, my students will be taking a Bluebonnet Book Challenge test to try out for our Battle of the Bluebonnet team. It is a pretty tough test, but I hope I can choose my team by the end of the week, because we really need to start practicing. Apparently last year my school won....I can't lose this year!!

As I mentioned last week, we got a load of new books. The students are really excited about checking them out, but I am going to make them wait a little longer (fun torture) because I want ALL of them to have the opportunity to preview them before they all get checked out. I didn't want to just put them on the shelf because I was worried they would just get lost in the sea of books.

On Friday I will be having my second Blue party for the students in 3rd and 4th grade that read at least 10 Bluebonnets this year. They seem to have a lot of fun at the party. We play Bluebonnet Bingo, do a fun story match, eat ice cream with blue sprinkles, and have blue colored sprite. Good times had by all!!

In GT this week, my 5th graders will continue their CSI lab and hopefully we will make some headway in figuring out who our suspect is. I am still trying to decide what the next project will be for 4th grade... I  really need to hurry because I have them on Friday. With 3rd grade we will be starting a candy bar project that I think they will really enjoy!!

This Thursday-Sunday, we will be house/dog sitting for some friends...I am kind of excited about it because we will get to stay in town, which means I don't have to get up as early and leave my house around 5:30. I can actually leave the house around 6:45....YIPPEE!!!!

That's my week... I seem to be busier than I thought I was:)

I am also linking up with Paula's Place for her Storybook Sunday Linky party!!

A few months ago I was scouring my bookshelves in the library trying to find a book to bring home to read to my daughter when I came across Ugly Pie. When I got home I started reading it and immediately fell in love with the pictures and words. I love to use different voices and sing the song that is embedded in the story. My daughter absolutely loved it!! I have been saving it for a read aloud, because I want it to be the perfect time for the story! Here is the Goodreads review.


I hope you all have a great evening and a lovely week!! Please check back on Thursday for my linky party!!!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Your CSI Lab sounds amazing! I bet my 5th graders would really dig that. What do you do to prepare for the lab?
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE new books. Just ask my friends at Amazon. :))

    Thanks for linking up and for sharing your blog! Have a great week!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great book and linking up
    Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

    ReplyDelete