Today I am linking up with The Teacher Wife and sharing my favorite picture books that I like to teach concepts with. I have a serious problem when it comes to picture books. My classroom library is overflowing and if you've seen my previous post, you know I am in the middle of doing a MAJOR renovation to my classroom library. So, here they are, in no particular order!
1. I absolutely LOVE this book...since the ending is so unexpected, it is GREAT for teaching inference.
2. This book is just a SuPeR CuTe book!!!
3. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this sweet little book. I find it is good for teaching making predictions.
4. This is another cute book and I use it to teach sequencing!
5. My final book is by far my MOST FAVORITE book in the entire world. The pictures are so vibrant and the message is so great. You can use it for a number of things. When I taught second, I used it for teaching summary and had my students do a beginning, middle, end group activity. They were given a huge giraffe and they had to piece it together and write a beginning, middle, and end on the giraffe. Recently, I used it for character and I made a giraffe glyph for my students to make.
Make sure you visit Lindsey to see all the other favorite books by other bloggers...you won't be disappointed and you probably will find some you have never heard of, I know I did!!! Thank you Shawna for the fun linky!