Tuesday, June 25, 2013

New and exciting changes!!!

It has been so long since my last post, but I am determined to blog more now that summer is here!! First, I wanted to let all of you know that I am starting a new career adventure that I am super excited about!!! I am finally going to be a librarian!!! Yes, you heard that right, a librarian!! Not only will I be a librarian, I will be the pull out teacher for the GT students at my school!!! With that, I hope to gear this blog toward literacy for all ages...which is something I love!!!

The downfall to me becoming a librarian is that my family and I have to move once again, and it's a hard move because we love College Station so much!! The good thing about moving though, is that we will be closer to both sides of our family...come on date night:)

I know that being a librarian is going to have many stressers of its own, but I hope to embark on many hobbies I have always wanted to try, such as writing, and making teacher packets for Teachers Pay Teachers, as well as dabbling in invitations and blog creation. I am so new to all of it, but I think it is something I would really love to do.

I feel that I could be a really good writer, but there are 2 things that are so hard for me...
1. Coming up with ideas to write about
2. Finding the time to write, when I want to read, craft, make blog things, or make TPT items...

I guess it is just something I need to jump in head first and see if I can do it. I am definitely not a quitter, so it should be interesting. If anybody has any advice for me, I would greatly appreciate it!! I am going to lurk around Teachers Write 2013 for a while before I actually start, but send me some ideas so I can get writing on my first book!! I'm not sure if I want to do a children's book or a Young Adult. I look forward to hearing from all of you!!

Other things I have been thinking about are how to incorporate my new library into my blog? What should I include? What are somethings kids would like to see? What are some things teachers/librarians would like to see? I was thinking about a book spotlight, or author of the month...etc. I have thought about doing a book club for kids, but not sure how I could get that to work. I think there would have to be some kind of sign in for privacy and I don't know how to do that through blogger, it might have to take place in a Google Doc....Any ideas??? For now, the blog name will stay the same, but the contents will be geared more toward the library than to the classroom.

I am also looking into setting up a Facebook to keep in touch with people as well to talk about books!!

In other news, I am linking up with Tori's Teacher Tips in her Bloglovin' Blog Hop!!!

I hope to hear from you with great ideas and as always, make every day lovely!!!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new job! It sound exciting! I just opened my TpT store a week ago. You should definitely consider opening one! Have a great summer! I'm a new follower!

    Karen

    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete